Mergers And Acquisitions
Driving Large-scale Change and HR Transformation
- Advise on Business Restructurings
- Human Capital Change Management for Complex Global and Regional Business Alignments, Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures and Disposals
- Strategic HR Leader. Experienced change strategist with a strong execution and delivery focus.
- Ownership of and accountable for large scale change and HR Transformation in approximately 25 major initiatives, including multiple mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, and post-merger integration
Mizuho Capital Markets Corporation
- Mizuho Americas Bank Holding Company Initiative – Capital Markets: Member of regional task force designing and executing Bank Holding Company to merge $2.5+BB Capital Markets into a functional matrix platform with other business lines to enhance brand strength, regulatory compliance, capital efficiency and regional integration.
- Planning and implementation of Mizuho Capital Markets regionalization strategy in the UK and Hong Kong from previous global delivery platform centered in the US.
- Mizuho Americas strategic repositioning of Swaps and Derivatives business- Led Capital Markets human capital change management and implementation to smooth integration of Capital Markets into the Mizuho Securities platform in the US.
Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC)
- Led and implemented HR implementation of new global Target Operating Model for HSBC’s Global Private Bank, resulting in a full scale realignment of sales coverage strategy and reduction in run rate of $100 million.
- Directed PB Monaco sale, retention and restructuring HR projects for AUM $20 Billion HSBC business unit.
- Facilitated HR Due Diligence on acquisition of Atlantic Advisors, LLC, a $700 Million investment firm focused on Emerging Markets Fixed Income products.
- Oversaw North American HR integration of acquisition of Bank of Bermuda’s Hedge Fund Administration Unit and subsequent integration into HSBC Global Transaction Banking business.
- Managed post-acquisition HR integration of Republic Bank’s investment banking business units into newly restructured HSBC Investment Banking and Markets.
Dresdner Kleinwort Benson
- Led HR Due Diligence for Dresdner’s acquisition of RCM Capital Management.
- Directed and orchestrated North American post-acquisition integration and consolidation of Kleinwort Benson’s US operations into Dresdner’s existing Equity, Fixed Income, and Corporate Finance businesses.
- Headed up consolidation of Dresdner’s establishment of a Section 20 involving Kleinwort Benson, Dresdner Bank, and Dresdner Securities units.
- HR Due Diligence of PWG’s acquisition of General Electric’s Kidder Peabody Unit, inclusive of consolidation of benefits, compensation, retention and redundancy programs for the Retail, Equities, and Fixed Income sales and trading businesses.
- Led and managed Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS elements of Lehman’s spin-off from The American Express Company and subsequent establishment of a standalone Company via an IPO.
- Governed Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS elements of American Express’ spin-off of Shearson to Citigroup’s Smith Barney unit.
- Managed post-merger of all Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS elements of Shearson’s acquisition of EF Hutton’s Retail and institutional businesses.
The Coca-Cola Company / Columbia Pictures
- Directed HR, compensation, and benefits due diligence and subsequent integration of multiple units into The Coca-Cola Company’s Entertainment Business Sector. These included:
- Walter Reade Theaters
- Belwyn Mills Music Publishing Company.
- Merv Griffin Enterprises
- Norman Lear Enterprises, with subsequent disposition of Company’s Movie and Home Video units.
- Managed integration of Columbia Pictures’ pay, benefits, and infrastructure and HR policy offerings into The Coca-Cola Company’s operating framework upon The Coca-Cola Company’s acquisition of Columbia Pictures and creation of it Entertainment Business Sector.
McKinsey & Co.
- John Blair & Company – Compensation Committee and Board work on strategy and compensation elements associated with John Blair’s Television, Radio, and recently acquired Print businesses.
- Gannett Company – Compensation Committee and Board work on strategy and long-term incentive elements associated with Gannett’s acquisition of Combined Communications.
- Post-acquisition long-term incentive compensation integration study following Exxon’s acquisition of Reliance Electric.